Activities of BMIRC
- To study and analyze the relevance of scientific knowledge in Jain literature to modern science in the areas of medical sciences, meditation, astronomy, geography, physical and natural sciences, quantum theory etc.
- To study effects of Preksha Meditation on brain, intellect and psychological functions through electrophysiological, biochemical, psychosocial and imaging investigations.
- Research in brain and other systems of body.
- Studies of Jain Philosophical texts and develops a better understanding about their contents.
- Analyze the content of Agmic literature from mathematical and scientific point of view.
- To study the contribution, transmission, influences among Indian and other civilization in reference to Jain School of Mathematics and Science.
- To collect all the Manuscripts/Scanned Copies of Mathematics and Science written by Jain Scholars.
- Translate and prepare critical edition of the unpublished Manuscripts.
- To encourage undertaking studies and preparing tracts on specified mathematical and scientific topics common with other eastern and western traditions along with modern science.
- Training in Preksha Meditation :
- General public both at Ladnun and at peripheral centres
- Training of instructors
- Treatment of different diseases through Preksha Meditation & organization of camps at Ladnun and outside,
- Organization of seminars and lectures etc.
List of Completed Research Projects:
- Effect of Prolong Fasting on Human Health — Dr. Pratap Sanchetee
- Effect of Preksha Meditation on Mental Health of Elderly — Dr. Pratap Sanchetee
- History of Jain Philosophy and Philosophical Literature — Prof. Sagarmal Jain
- (i) History of Jain Arts and Monuments; (ii) Jain Logic : A Comparative Study — Prof. Bhagchandra Jain
- History of Apabhransh Literature — Prof. Premsuman Jain
- Ahimsa and Peaceful Coexistence through Spiritual Practices (Psycho-biological Studies to Investigate Effects of Yoga and Preksha Dhyan on Aggressiveness and Academic Performance of School Children) — Prof. Viney Jain
- Engaging Jainism with Modern Issues — Prof. S.R. Bhatt
- Accomplished Research: Jain Ethics, Environment Science — Dr. Kamini Gogri
- English Translation and Transliteration of Bhagavati Aradhana with Critical Notes — Prof. Dalpat Singh Baya
- Bibliography of Jain Literature — Samani Agam Prajna
- In a Globalized World Jainology Provides Inclusive & Sustainable Solution for Human Problems — Prof. L.N. Nathuramka and Ashok Bafna
List of Ongoing Research Projects:
- Critical Interpretation of Jain Myth at Angkor Period in Present Cambodia — Dr. Sharadchandra Haribhau Tilait (Jain)
- ‘Jainas’ Role in Origin and Subsequent Development of Number Theory — Prof. S. Panayappan